When you are working for a company, apart from knowing the rules and regulations of that particular company, you must also know about your rights. One of the most important rights that every employee in Texas must know is the right to get compensation for work injuries. While working, you may meet an accident or injure yourself that can result in a physical, psychological, and financial effect on you as well as your family. So in such a case, you can seek help from a lawyer in Texas who will help you get all the benefits you deserve according to the Workers Compensation Law Texas.
When the workers compensation law didn’t exist, an injured worker had to take legal actions against the employer to recover wages, and also to pay for medical expenses. But sadly, in these cases hardly any worker used to win, which in return damaged the relation between the employer and employee. But now, since this law has been passed in the US, workers/employees are relieved from spending time on suing the employer.
Basic Information about Workers Compensation Law in Texas
Workers’ compensation law is a state regulated law that ensures all the injured workers will get back their lost wages, and also get their medical bills paid by the employer. Employees covered by this law receive plenty of benefits such as medical benefits, income benefits (for a specified period of time), compensation for burial expenses (if the worker dies during work), and other death benefits. But, there are certain injuries that the employers wouldn’t pay for. Some of those injuries are listed below; take a look.
• Injuries which are intentional or self-inflicted by a worker.
• Injuries that are the result of voluntary drug or alcohol intoxication and horseplay.
• Injuries that are inflicted by someone else due to personal reasons that are not related to the job of the worker.
• Injuries due to voluntary participation in off-duty and recreational activities, such as sports, partying, and etc.
• Injuries caused due to “acts of God” or natural hazards, until and unless the job has a high risk of such injuries.
These were some of the details related to workers compensation law in Texas. To know more about the law, hire a reputed lawyer in Texas who will not just tell you more about workers’ compensation law, but will also help you get the benefits.